Saturday, July 29, 2017

INFOSEC Learning Log - 4

SoCIT-al Engineering

This previous week (July 25, 2017 - July 28, 2017)  one of APC's famous (and probably some of the only) week dedicated to the school of Computer science and IT happened. Recently we were discussing much about social engineering techniques that are being used. So, in my free time during that week I've been slowly trying to crack several SHS students by claiming to be one of the org members. With this method I was able to make said students to disclose some personal information about them. The effectiveness of my technique was deemed a success due to me being in a higher level than them (college) which made me look trustworthy, not to mention that I was camouflaged by the org's dynamic atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment