Sunday, August 23, 2015

9 - YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!

I was always a fan of the star wars trilogy, but not so much as a hardcore fan, just your regular healthy fanatic.

It started out like any other day except, everyone was awaiting the famous 30 seconds of Fame or Shame.
The task was simple; Create an act/ show of anything you want, and the judges will rate you with either: Fame or Shame. Get famed and you get a shot at winning the grand prize which is cash. However, get shamed and all of your timid breaking and ego altering efforts will be reduced into nothing more than a single cup of defeat(that you'll have to drink in front of everybody). This is how ours started. We got called out second, but it was okay since we we're ready and we wanted to just get it over with. Anakin(justin) and Obi Wan(me) enters the stage, light sabers drawn, I called out to him. He responds, filled with rage he lunges forward. I blocked, my hand charged with the forced, I skillfully repelled his advance. He used the force to take me down then, he leaps. I dodged at the last moment and managed to cut off one of his arms. Filled with anger he uttered 3 words to end my scene: " I HATE YOU!!! " As I exit the stage a distant laugh was heard. It was Palpathine(ryan) he saved anakin. He's gonna turn him into vader. Another hysterical laugh and it marks the end of our play. All in good time.

We claimed 4 Fames. Surprised? no, expected. With a weeks worth of practice, I dared not think what would happen if we were to be shamed. Dishonor was the only thing that would be appropriate if we were to lose. I thought that our early victory was enough to secure as a spot on the top 3. Clearly I was wrong. Nothing hurted more than being defeated by someone who invented their dance for about a minute on-stage. But, I took it as a lesson in arrogance. Those who think nothing but victory without securing it will certainly face an inevitable defeat.

1 comment:

  1. (Commenting to 15 Random People and You are One of the 15. ^__^ )

    Well for me, congratulations for your shame and always look for a better tomorrow. Past is past! You can never change it;however, you can make your own future.

    ReplyDelete